Optimum HRIS (now part of Kronos, aka UKG) enables organizations to empower their HR and workforce management. Its powerful global HCM, global workforce management, and seamless HR tools enable impactful HR service delivery. All of that amazing data and metadata can be accessed and synchronized to your single source of truth and warehouse repository using DataLakeHouse.io in order to tap into deeper insights or enrichment with other operational data sources that run your organization.
DataLakeHouse.io securely connects to your Optimum HRIS system. Using the form in the DataLakeHouse.io portal please complete the following basic steps.
- Pre-Requisite : Grant a database new user Permissions on Database, Schemas, Tables
- Have your database administrator create a new user with SELECT permissions for the database, schemas, tables that will be synchronized.
- We recommend granting SELECT access to everything in your specified database for this connection
- If you need to replication additional databases you need to create a separate source connection
- Save the credentials somewhere and use them in the next steps
- Please see other GRANT SELECT on schema and tables in our documentation if you need to get more granular for security purposes.
- Enter your Credentials and Other Information in the Fields
- Enter in the Name/Alias field, the name you'll use within datalakehouse.io to differentiate this connection from others
- Enter in the Target Schema Prefix field, is the prefix of schema(s) that gets created on your destination target connection database for each of the schemas you load in this connection.
- Alphanumeric characters only. It must start and end with a letter but can contain an underscore(_).
- Enter in the Server/Host field, the name of the public server name or the IP Address (most customers use the IP for this field)
- Enter in the Port field, where this database is accessible and the firewall restrictions are open
- Enter in the Database field, the name of the database to connect
- Enter in the Username/Alias field, the username of user you created in the steps above to give access to DataLakeHouse.io
- Leave Auth Type field alone. It is set to password because DataLakeHouse is using TLS and requires username and password credentials to access the database
- Enter in the Password field, the password for the user you created in the steps above
- Click Save & Test
- This attempt to connect to your database with the credentials provided.
- A message of success or failure will be shown
- If success you'll be prompted with the schema objects objects of the database and will need to complete the final steps for configuration shown below.
- If failure happens with the test connection, the connection is still saved but you will need to correct the failure based on the failure reason information provided in the message.
If any issues occur with the Optimum HRIS authentication or authorization simply return to the sources page in DataLakeHouse.io, edit the source details and click the 'Test' button to confirm connectivity. If any issues persist please contact our support team via the DataLakeHouse Support Portal.