Salesforce.com is a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) platform that helps marketing, sales, commerce, service and IT teams collaborate on customer success. CRM is a technology for managing all your company’s relationships and interactions with customers and potential customers.
Connecting to Salesforce, you need to make sure that:
- You have access to retrieve metadata from your Salesforce.com account
Remember DataLakeHouse.io securely connects to your Salesforce.com instance by redirecting you to the Salesforce.com portal for you to sign in via Salesforce.com's login. DataLakeHouse.io does not capture or store your password/credentials.
Using the form please complete the following basic steps:
- Enter a Name or Alias for this connection, in the 'Name/Alias' field, that is unique from other connectors.
- Enter in the 'Target Schema Prefix' field, a name that will be unique in your data cloud destination where you wish to land the data.
- Click the Authorize Your Account button which will transport you to the Salesforce.com login, where you will enter your Salesforce.com account credentials. Once your credentials are accepted you will be automatically redirected back to this DataLakeHouse.io portal and you should be able to see a successful connection.
- For entities that have many records a baseline for the replication window is that during a historical load 500,000 records takes approximately 30 min to pull for a single entity.
- Salesforce limits the ability to use their API on their trial accounts so a licensed Snowflake account is needed in order to leverage DataLakeHouse.io.
- If a sync bridge is set to run once a day and for whatever reason does not successfully complete the bridge, the bridge will load 2 days worth of data during the next run