Shopify is an online store platform that enables anyone to setup an online store and sell their products. The Shopify POS also allows shopkeepers to sell through the Shopify platform in a physical location. Shopify makes the experience of starting, maintaining, and scaling a store front online or in the real-world a breeze. And with all of the data, transactions, order information, product, and inventory data that can help you make better decisions to increase revenue, save costs, etc. you're going to need a way to synchronize that data to a warehouse in order to democratize access to enrich the Shopify data with other operational or marketing information. And that's where our Shopify connector comes in.
Shopify Connector Pre-Requisites
Connecting to Shopify, you need to make sure that:
- You'll need your Store Id (the id of your store provided to you by Shopify)
- You'll need the ability to sign in to your Shopify account (usually a user with admin rights)
Instructions (Basic Connection Setup)
DataLakeHouse.io securely connects to your Shopify instance and does not store your password or credentials.
Using the form please complete the following basic steps:
- Enter a Name or Alias for this connection that is unique in the 'Name/Alias' field
- Enter a unique target schema name for your cloud warehouse destination in the 'Target Schema Prefix' where you wish to land the data
- Enter your Shopify Shop Name in the Shop Name field
- Click the 'Authorize Your Account' button which will transport the page to the Shopify login, where you will enter your Shopify account credentials. Once your credentials are accepted you will be automatically redirect back to this DataLakeHouse.io portal and you should be able to see a successful connection of your source.
If any issues occur with the Shopify authorization, simply return to the sources page in DataLakeHouse.io, edit this source and click the 'Authorize Your Account' or 'Re-Authorize Your Account' button. If any issues persist please contact our support team via the DataLakeHouse Support Portal.