Square.com is a payment platform that gives every business an easier way to accept credit cards. It is a larger payment that includes customer loyalty software, inventory management, and credit card processing. Square is very popular in restaurant and retail industries, as it provides its merchants with a POS / Kiosk capability to transact with large enterprise functionality in a small footprint.
Connecting to Square, you need to make sure that:
- You have access to retrieve metadata from your Square account
- You have access to the developer.squareup.com portal and can create an API key
DataLakeHouse.io securely connects to your Square instance.
For this advanced use of the Square developer API keys, you must have the developer credentials to access this connection.
If you are desiring to connect via the Square Marketplace you MUST USE the other connector instead.
Using the form please complete the following basic steps:
- Enter a Name or Alias for this connection that is unique in the 'Name/Alias' field
- Enter a unique target schema name in your Snowflake data cloud destination in the 'Target Schema Prefix' where you wish to land the data.
- Enter the Square developer Application ID in the API App/Publish Key field from the Square developer portal
- Enter the Square developer Access Token in the API Access/Secret Key field from the Square developer portal
- (Optional) the API Account Id or the developer Application Name can be stored but is not required.
- Click the 'Authorize Your Account' button which will transport the page to the Square login, where you will enter your Square account credentials. Once your credentials are accepted you will be automatically redirect back to this DataLakeHouse.io portal and you should be able to see a successful connection of your source.
If any issues occur with the Square authorization, simply return to the sources page in DataLakeHouse.io, edit this source and click the 'Authorize Your Account' or 'Re-Authorize Your Account' button. If any issues persist please contact our support team via the DataLakeHouse Support Portal.