Ceridian Dayforce is a complete HRIS solution that helps organizations transform every core area of HCM including Continuous payroll, workforce management, benefits, talent management, and more.
DataLakeHouse.io provides the best data synchronization process from Ceridian into your Data Warehouse or Data Lake Storage so that you can integrate your other financial and operational sources for an enterprise view of your organization.
DataLakeHouse.io securely connects to your Ceridian Dayforce system. Using the form in the DataLakeHouse.io portal please complete the following steps:
- Enter a Name or Alias for this connection, in the 'Name/Alias' field, that is unique from other connectors.
- Enter in the 'Target Schema Prefix' field, a name that will be unique in your cloud warehouse destination database where you wish to replicate the data.
- Enter the 'Company Id' for this Ceridian Dayforce company information you are retrieving.
- Company IDs differ from your employee number and user name, which are specific to each individual user. Your Company ID is found in your initial Ceridian Welcome email or your HR/Ceridian Administrator will be able to provide your Company ID, which is unique to your organization
- The value of Company ID may be in the format of mycompanyname and will be unique to each of your Ceridian environments
- Ceridian has the following environments:
- Test / Stage
- Enter the 'User' for this Ceridian Dayforce company api integration
- Enter the 'Password' credential for this Ceridian Dayforce company api integration
Select the 'Environment' of Ceridian Dayforce - once the Connection is saved this cannot be changed. Create a new Source Connector if a different Environment is desired. - Test / Stage = https://stage.dayforcehcm.com/api/ - Config = https://config.dayforcehcm.com/api/ - Production = https://dayforcehcm.com/api/
- Click the Authorize Your Account button which will save the connection.
If any issues occur with the Ceridian.com authorization, simply return to the sources page in DataLakeHouse.io, edit this source and click the 'Authorize Your Account' or 'Re-Authorize Your Account' button. If any issues persist please contact our support team via the DataLakeHouse Support Portal.
If your Dayforce implementation needs to first connect to a non-Production environment, use one of the non-production options from the Environment dropdown. It is recommended that you create multiple connectors in this case as you cannot and should not mix environments in the same replication process. Thus, create one Ceridian Dayforce source connection and select the non-production environment option. Complete any synchronization testing to your target connection. When ready, create a new Ceridian Dayforce source connection and select the Production environment option, create a new Sync Bridge, etc. You can later disable any Sync Bridges that you were using the non-production connector to prevent any charges from that non-production source replication. Remember, utilization charges apply for any production or non-production environments.
It is rare that Ceridian Dayforce provides your company with an environment that is not one of the following:
- Test / Stage
However, if you do have a special environment, you will need to contact DataLakeHouse.io support or your DLH.io account manager in order to have the option to connect to a non-standard Dayforce environment.
The following Ceridian Dayforce entities are replicated to Snowflake. Ceridian makes changes to their API on a quarterly basis and we are notified in advance in order to incorporate these changes in a timely manner. These are the table names you will see in Snowflake and click to view a detailed description of each table and column:
If you don't see your custom entities per your Dayforce configuration above don't worry. DataLakeHouse.io retrieves custom entities as well if they are accessible. After the first sync bridge synchronization to your target warehouse, if you do not see any anticipated custom schemas please contact our support team.
When subscriging to the Enterprise Plan, you have accees to the pre-built Ceridian Dayforce Analyitcs data model.