Slack's unique instant message and collaboration platform provides millions of users with communication capabilities that make moder work possible. DLH.io connects to your Slack workspace to help consolidate data from your Slack account to other data used within your organization to create a holistic view as well as aiding in secondary upstream and downstream data integration requirements.
Slack can be both a Source connection and a Target connection in DLH.io. Please understand the differences and see the instructions for Target Connection when using Slack as a target for sending data, etc. to one of your Slack channels.
Connecting to Slack, you need to make sure that:
- You have administrative access to connect to your Slack account/workspace
Remember DataLakeHouse.io securely connects to your Slack instance by redirecting you to the Slack portal for you to sign in via your Slack login. DataLakeHouse.io does not capture or store your password/credentials.
Using the form please complete the following basic steps:
- Enter a Name or Alias for this connection, in the Name/Alias field, that is unique from other connectors.
- Enter in the Target Schema Prefix field, a name that will be unique in your target destination where you wish to integrate the data.
- Click the Authorize Your Account button which will transport you to the Slack login, where you will enter your Slack account credentials. Once your credentials are accepted you will be automatically redirected back to this DataLakeHouse.io portal and you should be able to see a successful connection.
The following entities are replicated by defualt to your Target Connection. These are the table names you will see in your Target Connection or available to your target integration. If you believe any entities/tables are missing please open a ticket with Customer Support:
- View a list of entities after creating a connection in DLH.io for the most up-to-date list