DLH.io supports Slack as a target for sending data retrieved from a SQL Data Query connection as a file to a Slack channel under your control.
Please see the standard Slack pre-requisities for a Slack Source connection
We highly recommend that you create a Slack Source connection simply to validate connectivity to your Slack account as an initial step. While this is not necessary to use the Slack Target Destination, it will help to ensure you use of Slack connectivity is working prior to creating a Sync Bridge integration where sending data to Slack is the desire.
Remember DataLakeHouse.io securely connects to your Slack instance by redirecting you to the Slack portal for you to sign in via your Slack login.
Using the form in DLH.io please complete the following basic steps:
- Enter a Name or Alias for this connection, in the Name/Alias field, that is unique from other connectors.
- Click the Authorize Your Account button which will transport you to the Slack login, where you will enter your Slack account credentials. Once your credentials are accepted you will be automatically redirected back to this DataLakeHouse.io portal and you should be able to see a successful connection.
- Create a Sync Bridge with Slack as the target and SQL Data Query as the source
- Currently on the SQL Data Query connector is allowed as the source when using the Slack target destination
- Run the Sync Bridge and confirm data is available in the channel