DataLakeHouse.io can integrate with Slack to provide notification ability for alerting, completion of sync bridge pipelines, and other notifications originating from DataLakeHouse.io. Follow the steps below to configure the integration or watch the overview video first.
- Navigate to the My Account Profile page for your Organization and click on Notifications tab.
- Click on the Link your Slack account button at the bottom of the page under Slack Integration
- Wait for the prompt that navigates you to the Slack workspace selector and select the desired worksapce
- Authorize your Slack account
- Return to DataLakeHouse.io and select the Channel for which your organization's notifications from DataLakeHouse should be sent.
- If you know the name of the channel, type in the name or scroll down to view the list of all the channels
- All public channels will be listed by default and private channels will be listed only where the DataLakeHouse.io Notifications app has been installed into the Slack channel
- If you have more than 1,000 Slack channels then you will only be able to type in the name of the channel using the typeahead capability
- Intall the Slack application into the channel in order to receive notifications by following the steps in the next section below.
Intall the Slack application into the channel in order to receive notifications
- In Slack, go to the desired channel and click to view the Members
- Click on the Integration tab
- Click the Add an App button
- Type in DataLakeHouse.io Notifications and then click the Add button
- To send a test notification, go back into DataLakeHouse.io where the Slack Notifications was setup and click the Send Test Message button.
- You will receive a Slack message similar to the one below in the selected Slack channel
Organization level events like when a new connector is created or a Sync Bridge completes will create general notifications. These are not necesarily alerts but perhaps informative communications and can be seen by clicking on the Alerts link from the left panel
Slack Nofications are shared on an existing Slack channel belonging to your company. Thus, the integration requires at least one person to set up the Slack notification integration at your company level for your DLH.io organization.